Sunday, November 13, 2011

The National Women's Show

Friday was quite the day. Not only did I enjoy some serious Korean BBQ but I attended The National Women's Show for the first time thanks to my friend Nicole.

I really didn't know what to expect when I walked through the doors. Even with a map in hand, where do we start? 

Well we started at one corner and worked our way through every exhibit. The handbags and jewelry alone were enough to make me bankrupt. There was an amazing piece I bought that I couldn't resist. It's not something you could wear everyday since it's large and has many feathers but I'm looking forward to bringing it out to a special event in the future. 

Pretty, shiny jewels
Both Nicole and I bought ourselves a new bag. A girl can't have too many bags if you ask me. However, my boyfriend would disagree. 

Halfway through our adventures, we decided it was time to get some serious massages. At first, it was very painful. I mean, I'm pretty sure she was trying to take my head off of my shoulders but after a few minutes I didn't want to leave. Both Nicole and I agreed that we felt a lot taller when it was all over. It was well deserved. 

One of my favourite exhibitors was Blo. When I lived at the King and Bathurst area, I would walk past this shop almost every day. I love the idea of getting my hair done without having to cut it. They wash, blow and style your hair for a reasonable price. The girls were so friendly and gave me the glamour treatment which I absolutely loved. I will definitely be hitting up Blo for special events in the future. http://www.blomedry.com/

A couple of girls getting the Blo treatment

It's true!
I'd also like to mention all the food that was available to sample. So many yummy snacks. There were also many demos on health, fitness, home renovations and of course fashion shows. 

Strut your stuff
After a few hours, both Nicole and I left with some fun memories and lovely goodies. I'm looking forward to going next year. 



2 comments:

  1. Had soooo much fun!! You should write a piece on your jewelery you bought! <3

    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. "you're not cheating on your hairdresser" Haha I like that!

    ReplyDelete