Monday, October 31, 2011

Sara's Halloween Party Tricks and Treats

I love Halloween. Every year, we plan a trip to Wonderland's Fear Fest and celebrate Halloween by going through all the haunted houses and rides. This year, we decided to do something a little different. We didn't visit Wonderland but had Halloween party here at the new house. I made a few tasty tricks and treats and here they are. 

Fingers and Toes via Martha Stewart

I gotta give credit to Martha. I love cooking and baking but at times I just don't understand what the recipe is telling me to do. This particular recipe (link above) has a video to accompany all the steps. It's great!

Fingers & toes ingredients
Working that dough
Rolling the dough to form those fingers
Gotta poach them before tossing them in the oven
Getting them ready for the oven
The finished product
I named these 'Deadly Nose Pickers'
 Glasscakes

I loved these so much. And it was terribly easy. I bought the add eggs and water cupcake mix along with the pre made Betty Crocker vanilla icing. I used food colouring to change the colour of the icing.

Making the glass was very simple.
In a non stick pan put 2 cups of sugar on low heat and wait till it all melts. Don't forget to stir and add some food colouring to make it fun. Once it's a liquid put it on a non stick baking sheet and put it in the fridge or freezer. I put mine in the freezer. You'll know it's ready once you touch it and the sugar has returned to a solid.

Sugar
Almost all the way melted
Fresh out of the freezer
Finished shards of glass
Simple and delicious glasscake
I bought the cupcake paper at Bulk Barn and Dollarama
The stand is from Bulk Barn $9

One Sick Pumpkin

I loved this idea so much and couldn't wait to show it off. I bought a small pumpkin and carved a face of a pumpkin being sick which was pretty easy. Then I cleaned the front and inside of the mouth real well. I bought some salsa and spinach dip and placed it under the mouth. Can't forget to put some in the pumpkin's mouth to make it look like it's being sick.

Before 

The Return of Last Night's Party

 Labels

This was the easiest out of them all. I bought the drink labels at Dollarama and with the help of my mum, we put them on everything we could. It really didn't take that long either.

Inside the fridge

Beer labels

Drink table ready for business

I bought this skull bowl at Shoppers Drugmart $15

I gotta say, Dollarama really has a great selection of fun decorations for your home. I got a lot of my party supplies from that store and I didn't even have to hurt my wallet.

Please feel free to use these ideas next year.

Send us your favourite Halloween recipes and ideas. We'd love to try them next year.

Email us at forevertickledpink@live.ca

- Sara


Oh I almost forgot. This was my Halloween costume this year.

This is my Toddlers & Tiaras costume. My dog Frank is a little spider.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is amazing!!!!!!!!!! I need to make that glass! thanks

    ReplyDelete