Thursday, October 27, 2011

Some Assembly Required

Who doesn't love Ikea?
There's something for just about everyone and it's budget friendly.
I remember walking through the winding real life catalogue for the first time. My older cousin kept telling everyone it's her ultimate favourite place and we'll be in heaven. And right before we walked though the giant blue and yellow sliding doors, she asked us if we were ready. For what I wasn't sure until I too fell in love with this do it yourself home store. I just loved the whole experience. I mean we're walking through 'real' decorated homes and getting inspired the entire time.
Tonight was a good Ikea night. There's been a handful of times that I've gone there looking for the perfect piece for my place and couldn't find what I was looking for. But today... today was a good Ikea day.
My mum helped me find the perfect piece for my office/closet/guest room. (Photos to follow after assembly.) I spent the majority of my night putting together the drawers to a dresser. Tomorrow I will tackle the rest and start the long process of organizing. My stuff is pretty much all over the place right now. I just don't have any place for them. And so they pile up to the point where I can't find anything. So I'm hoping this will be the end of the never ending mess on my desk.
I can't wait to get started organizing this room. I even bought drawer organizers! Call me crazy but I love the organization process but maybe not so much putting my new furniture together.


- Sara

1 comment: