Sunday, January 01, 2012

Sara's 2012 Resolutions

My mum asked me the other day if I intend on making some new year resolutions. My answer, without any hesitation, was no. As the day went on I thought to myself, 'well if everyone else is doing it'. And so I went through areas of my life that could use some tweaking.

Health

It just so happens that I'm getting a gym membership. It's just by coincidence that I'll be receiving my new membership at the beginning of the year. I'm actually quite excited. When my boyfriend and I lived in our condo, we were fortunate enough to have a gym in our building. Since moving into our house I haven't done any exercise and quite miss certain machines. I know... Who says that right? Haha! I also really enjoy taking a class called Body Pump at Goodlife. It's one of those classes where you use every muscle with weights while listening to great get your body moving music. And I can't leave out yoga. What a great exercise to release your body and mind of the every day stresses.

I will also be cutting back on eating out in restaurants. I love watching the Food Network. I could leave that channel on all day and I would be a happy camper. However, since I watch it so much, I should be able to actually cook or even bake. I mean I have all their magazines and cook books. Well the answer is no. I am not very confident in the kitchen. I vow to try to master a recipe or two a week. Can't be that hard right? Thank goodness my better half supports this idea and will give me a hand or two while I burn I mean prepare tasty and health conscience meals.

Water! Yes that's one of my resolutions. To drink more water! It's our fuel right? Well I guess I've been running on empty for years. I'm going to try my best to drink more water. I heard somewhere it's important. Hee her

Beauty

I have a terrible habit of going to bed without washing my face. I know it seems simple enough but when you get home late from work all you can really do is brush you teeth and fall into a deep sleep. This year I'd like to take more time washing my face and taking time putting things away before bed.

Friends & Family

These last few months have been somewhat of a blur. I work, come home, work, come home. I'm going to make an extra effort to reach out to my friends and family and create some new memories. If I have to lose some sleep for an extra laugh or perfect picture well so be it!

Alright I know what you're thinking. These really aren't huge changes Sara. Yes I know but I love where I am in my life and I know we all could use some challenges and there are always areas in one's life that needs some extra attention. These are mine :)

To everyone who are making resolutions: I wish you all the best of luck and remember to stay positive and don't be afraid to rely on friends and family for a little support. It goes a long way.

All my love this new year's day,
Sara xo

No comments:

Post a Comment