Thursday, December 08, 2011

My Favorite Christmas Recipe

I want to share with you my super easy, super yummy, super awesome truffles recipe! You can make a small batch or a giant batch like I did yesterday. These truffles can be decorated and styled in ANY WAY. I sprinkled them with festive colored sugars, cocoa powder, coconut, peanut crumbs, colored chocolates, the possibilities are endless! These truffles have always been a big hit every year, with their solid chocolate coating and creamy center.
Yesterday I made over 175, along with another 175 of peanut butter balls. I want to make sure to have yummy snacks on hands for the holiday season. I will also be giving some out as gifts. I bought decoratives tins from the dollar store and put a dozen truffles in each. It's the perfect Christmas gift for your child's teacher, bus driver and babysitter.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
Here is the simple recipe:

Ingredients

  • 1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
  • 1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted

Directions

  1. Crush the entire box of cookies. You can use a fork, potatoes masher, or place them in a large ziplock and use a rolling pin. Crush cookies completely.
  2. Mix your cream cheese brick in with the crushed cookies in a large bowl. You may want to put your hands in there and blend it.
  3. Make small balls with the dough. Roll them in your hands for the perfect shape. Place them on parchment paper of a cookie sheet.
  4. Refrigerate until firm.
  5. Dip in chocolate, then refrigerate.
  6. Decorate as desired.

Tips

  • For variety, use different types of chocolates; white, milk, dark, colored.
  • Use toppings, Oreo crumbs, sprinkles, peanuts, toffee bits, coconut, cocoa powder etc.
These truffles can be frozen, be sure to take them out at least an hour prior before serving.





-Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment